Use this forum for general discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Is this diverticulitis?

by Auroth » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Apologies for the "look it up yourself" type question, but my situation isn't exactly clear cut. I have had pains in my lower left abdomen for about 5 1/2 years now. These pains basically feel like a sore spot that is aggravated whenever stool or gas passes it, almost like it hurts when my intestine expands in this exact spot. I have noticed that if it's gas, I will feel the pain and then very quickly after pass the gas, leading me to conclude it's in my colon and not small intestine. The pain is sharp and burning, comes & goes quickly, and is made worse by spicy foods and alcohol. I have had a CT scan, endoscopy and colonoscopy over the years. CT scan apparently showed a backup of stool, the other two showed no abnormalities. Does this sound like diverticulitis to anyone? Do the symptoms match? I am assuming this condition would've been picked up by one of these scans, but I just saw a post by a guy whose scans missed his div and now I am curious.

Re: Is this diverticulitis?

by Nana123 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:50 pm

For me the pain was as if someone was stabbing me with a knife in my lower left abdomen for about 24-36 hours. The knife was always there, but sometimes they would twist the knife to make me feel alive a lil more.

I was unable to have a BM, and I had to go on a liquid only diet for about 48 hours until I was able to incorporate solids slowly over the course of about 10 days.

What you have doesn't sound like that. If you have had the butt scope, and it came back inconclusive, you are fine. Probably something you ate, but DV is pretty easy to spot on both a CT and a butt scope.

Re: Is this diverticulitis?

by jo333y » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:10 pm

To me, the symptoms are really similar to what a person with diverticulitis may feel. But still, there are too many symptoms and they can be absolutely individual, it all depends on your general state of health, age and similar factors. You should definitely consult a good gastroenterologist, who will be able to give you an accurate diagnosis.

If the diagnosis is confirmed, then you should immediately go on a strict diet, as well as start taking various remedies that will help you heal. I can recommend this aloe vera-based remedy for diverticulosis. If you are not sure of its reliability, you can also read reviews of it by more than two hundred people here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/aloeride.com

I hope I was helpful :)

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion