[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
Forum | Internal Medicine Board Review Questions | Knowmedge
Use this forum for general discussion
28 posts • Page 1 of 31 .2 .3
How to Talk About Cheese?

by MarshallLester » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:22 pm

Cow cheese
Cows are big animals — the average mature dairy cow weighs over 1,000 pounds — and they produce a lot of milk. That milk is considered the most versatile for cheese, accounting for the greatest range of styles of all the animals. Cow's milk also has the widest range of hues, which offer clues on how the animal is being raised.

Unlike goats and sheep, cows do not absorb the beta carotene in the grass they eat. It gets passed through their systems and straight into the milk. So cows raised on fresh grass end up producing cheese with a golden butter-yellow hue. That rich color is often a good indication of quality: Cows that are raised on grain do not have as much beta carotene going through their systems and into the milk.

The Best Cheese in America: These Are the Top 50 U.S. Cheesemakers
"Anyone could go to the grocery store and pull the spectrum of white cow's milk cheese to golden cow's milk cheese," Chubbuck says. "I would bet $50 if we researched the scale of production or commitment to artisanal practices, the very white cow's milk cheeses would be more industrial and the very yellow would be more artisanal — and probably more expensive."

Goat cheese
Goat milk is lower in fat with a lighter feel than other cheeses. When it's formed into fresh styles, like chèvre, it takes on a tangy flavor, with bright lemon and citrus notes that turn more toward citrus pith with a bit of age. Goat cheese is more prone to "barnyard-y" flavors that resemble the animal — in a good way.

Unlike cows, which absorb no beta carotene, and sheep, which absorb a little, goats are great at absorbing beta carotene, which gets converted into vitamin A in their milk, lending it a crisp, white hue. "Goat cheese is pretty much universally going to have a snowy white color," Chubbuck says.

4 Common Mistakes People Make About Goat Cheese
Sheep cheese
Sheep are smaller than cows and not as hardy as goats, and often require hand-milking and time-intensive grooming, which drives up the cost of their cheeses.

But there's a reason buyers are willing to pay the price. Sheep's milk cheese is high in fat with a richer, rounder, and heavier mouthfeel even after aging. Much of that is due to its lanoline qualities, a source of vitamin E produced on their skin to keep the wool from getting overly brittle or wet. "Lanolin has a very particular aroma," Chubbuck says. "It's a little nutty in the sense of raw almonds, a little waxy like high-quality beeswax, and a hint of gaminess with a sheepy note to it."

That wide range of flavor is present in all sheep's cheese from rarer soft varieties, like ricotta salata, to hard and blue styles.

Right in between goat and cow in terms of beta carotene absorption, all sheep's cheeses boast a rich ivory hue.

This Teenager Is One of America's Best New Cheesemakers
Water buffalo
Most famously used in buffalo mozzarella, water buffalo has the highest fat of all the milk types. It's hard to find in the states, but there are cheeses other than buffalo mozzarella made from their milk, including other fresh cheeses and some aged varieties.

Cheese texture and style
A cheese's texture is impacted by a combination of factors such as the pH and acidity levels from the cheesemaking process, individual choices made by the cheesemaker, and natural proteolysis, the breakdown of proteins into smaller polypeptides or amino acids, as it ages. "There's a spectrum of really soft spreadable cheese to really hard crumbly cheese and within that spectrum there's going to be a lot of nuance," Chubbuck says. "I like to think about it in three different big picture textures."

Soft cheese
Made and intended to be consumed quickly, soft cheeses have a higher moisture content. It's the kind you can easily cut with a spoon and smear onto a cracker or piece of bread. There is a broad range of textural variation in this category, spanning from buttery mascarpone and velvety fresh goat cheese to creamy surface-ripened Brie and custardy washed-rind Époisses de Bourgogne. "When I say soft, these are things you're going to have a hard time slicing," says Chubbuck. "They typically tend to be smaller format. Some are larger and you might slice a wedge, but you want to just carve into it and slather it onto things."

Here's a breakdown of soft cheese styles:

Fresh cheese: These unaged cheeses have no rind on the outside, so they have a shorter shelf life of about seven to 14 days. They should always be pure white and milky fresh with some citrusy tartness or subtle butteriness depending on the milk. This includes Mexican queso fresco, feta, chèvre, buffalo mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, fromage frais, and other soft spreadable cheeses.

Re: How to Talk About Cheese?

by PiterWon » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:20 pm

I don't really like meat and sausage, so I prefer cheeses. If you're a cheese lover like me, I suggest you try Morbier, here's a link . This cheese is made from raw cow's milk and has a balanced sharpness and nutty flavor. During ripening, the rind is washed with a special brine, which gives it a bright orange color and a somewhat sharp flavor.

seoo

by JaxonEli » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:39 pm

Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!ThanksStopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for.

seo

by JaxonEli » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:05 am

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

seoo

by JaxonEli » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:03 pm

Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge!I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!..

seo

by JaxonEli » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:53 am

Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign.I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up.This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.

seo

by JaxonEli » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:28 am

Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website.This is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.

by YualKat » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:47 pm

юблю кушать сыр

seo

by JaxonEli » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:35 pm

Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home.I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

by politik227 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Venturing into the world of online TV streaming was like setting sail on a grand voyage of exploration, where every show and movie was a distant shore waiting to be discovered. On the streaming site I frequented, I found myself surrounded by a vast and endless sea of content, each wave bringing with it the promise of adventure and excitement. Whether I was navigating the treacherous waters of a gripping thriller or basking in the warm sunshine of a light-hearted comedy, there was always something to capture my imagination and transport me to another world. With each click of the remote, I charted a course through the digital seas, eagerly seeking out new horizons and hidden treasures. And as I delved deeper into the platform's extensive catalog, I discovered stories that touched my heart, sparked my imagination, and left me longing for more. In the end, it wasn't just about watching TV—it was about embarking on a journey of discovery, forging connections with characters, and exploring the vast and wondrous world of storytelling.

28 posts •Page 1 of 31 .2 .3

Return to General Discussion