[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3831)
Forum | Internal Medicine Board Review Questions | Knowmedge
Use this forum for general discussion
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
How dangerous/unhealthy is liposuction?

by Nana123 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:29 pm

As a reasonably healthy and athletic young male I am considering the option of liposuction on my lower abdomen. I'm about 5'9-10 and 190ish pounds with a reasonable amount of muscle. I stay pretty active and hit the gym when my work schedules allows, playing games outside in my free time. My reasoning for lipo is:

A) I can afford it. B) I am young and without any medical conditions so I should be able to recover quickly from any surgery. C) I've been reading that its the only effective way to actually remove the fat cells in that area instead of just shrinking them via working out.

Is this a horrible idea or is lipo relatively safe these days if I go to a plastic surgeon of reasonable quality?

Thanks!

Re: How dangerous/unhealthy is liposuction?

by jo333y » Tue May 02, 2023 3:39 pm

Liposuction is generally considered to be a safe procedure when performed by a qualified and experienced surgeon in a sterile environment. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are risks and potential complications associated with liposuction.

Some of the potential risks and complications of liposuction include:

Infection
Bleeding
Nerve damage
Fluid imbalance
Fat embolism
Anesthesia complications
Skin irregularities

I think you should visit this page about if you want to know more about this procedure as well as its possible risks.
I hope you will find my answer useful.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion