Use this forum for general discussion
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Setting Up a Company in Lithuania: Sharing My Experience

by lewubner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my experience with open company in Lithuania. I was a bit overwhelmed at first by all the information, so hopefully this helps anyone else considering this path.

Why Lithuania?

For me, Lithuania offered a few key advantages:

- Fast and Easy Setup: The process is streamlined and can be done mostly online in a few days.
- Low Minimum Share Capital: You only need €2,500 to get started, which is much lower than many other European countries.
- Favorable Business Environment: Lithuania is known for being business-friendly with a supportive government and a skilled workforce.

The Process:

Here's a general breakdown of the steps involved:

- Choose Your Business Structure: The most common option is a Limited Liability Company (UAB).
- Reserve a Company Name: You can check availability and reserve a name online.
- Prepare Founding Documents: This includes the Articles of Association and a Founding Agreement.
- Open a Company Bank Account: A special "accumulative" account is needed for the initial share capital deposit.
- Notarize Documents: Get your founding documents notarized by a licensed notary.
- Register with the Register of Legal Entities: This can be done online or in person.
- Open a Regular Business Account: Once registered, you can open a regular bank account for your business operations.

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion