Use this forum for general discussion
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Navigating the Roles: Product Owner vs Project Manager

by laura32 » Tue May 28, 2024 7:05 pm

Hey everyone! I've been diving into the world of project management lately, and I've come across this interesting debate about the roles of a product owner and a project manager. It seems like there's some overlap between the two, but also some distinct differences. What do you all think? Do you believe there's a clear distinction between a product owner and a project manager, or are they essentially doing the same job with different titles?

Re: Navigating the Roles: Product Owner vs Project Manager

by ron43 » Tue May 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Absolutely, there's definitely a distinction between the two roles. The article you shared provides a great breakdown of the responsibilities of each. From my understanding, the product owner is more focused on the vision and direction of the product, ensuring that it aligns with the needs of the stakeholders and customers. On the other hand, the project manager is more concerned with the day-to-day tasks, timelines, and resources required to complete the project successfully. So while they both contribute to the overall success of the project, their focuses are different. Understanding the nuances between product owner vs project manager is crucial for effective project management.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion