To discuss topics relevant to the PANCE/PANRE exams
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
My fast food business plan

by vikimorris » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:42 am

Opening a business of any kind requires a great deal of research and preparation. A Mexican restaurant is not that different in terms of what it needs to function.

If you want to start a Mexican restaurant, you need to make particular steps, such as:

Perform competition research and choose a location. It won't do you any good to be among 5 similar places the same as sitting in a quiet back alley can't bring you a lot of visitors.

Create a business plan and get insurance. Get to know all the local regulations, licenses you need to obtain and permits. For example, you might need to serve liquor at your Mexican restaurant, such as tequila, margaritas, and beer.

Create a draft of your budget with current and future expenses (like taxes, salaries, supplies) compared to potential profits. It’s important to understand how your food will be taxed so that you can price items accordingly.

Supplies. You should prioritize quality regarding both food and disposables. Look for a supplier that is reliable and offers quality items.

Choosing the right equipment. It is the most expensive part of your budget. Among usual stuff such as refrigeration, prep tables, and kitchen utensils some specific pieces of cooking and warming equipment should be in all Mexican establishments. For example, charbroiler at the back-of-the-house and margarita machine at the front.

Re: My fast food business plan

by vikimorris » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:43 am

Can you give your individual assessment of the steps that I have already outlined in the plan?

Re: My fast food business plan

by JamesBenneth » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:37 am

Things get a little more complicated when you move from theory to practice. Be prepared for the final estimate to increase by 30%. You will return this later when you can negotiate preferential terms with your suppliers. I also advise you to pay maximum attention when purchasing kitchen equipment - https://www.amgoodsupply.com/stainless-steel-work-tables/work-tables-with-undershelf It is important that everyone complies with technical standards and safety regulations in food production.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to PANCE/PANRE Exam Forum