To discuss topics relevant to the PANCE/PANRE exams
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Broken Fridge: Seeking Advice and Solutions

by dulop » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:56 pm

I'm in a bit of a predicament with my refrigerator. It suddenly stopped cooling, and I'm not sure what to do. The light is on, so it's getting power, but there's no sound of the motor or cooling action. I've checked the obvious things like the power source and settings, but no luck. I have a lot of perishables at risk, so I need to figure this out fast. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong or what steps I should take next?

Re: Broken Fridge: Seeking Advice and Solutions

by edisonfaber » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:57 pm

It sounds like your fridge might have a compressor issue or a problem with the cooling mechanism. Before calling a professional, try unplugging it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. Sometimes, this can reset the system. Also, check if the coils at the back are too dirty; this can impact cooling efficiency.

by dulop » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:57 pm

Thanks for the tips! I tried unplugging and cleaning the coils, but it didn't change anything. It looks like I might need to get a professional to check it out. I'm worried about the potential cost of repairs or having to buy a new fridge.

by edisonfaber » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:58 pm

In this case, getting a professional opinion is a wise decision. If you're in the San Jose area, you can reach out to services like appliance repair San Jose for reliable assistance. They can diagnose the issue accurately and advise whether it's more cost-effective to repair or replace your fridge. Remember, investing in a good repair service can save you money in the long run compared to the cost of purchasing a new appliance.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to PANCE/PANRE Exam Forum