Use this discussion if you are looking for a study partner
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm looking for a tutor in engineering.

by MarsHurmon » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:56 pm

As an aspiring engineer, I have faced various challenges in my academic journey. I tried several sources for advice, including textbooks, online resources, and even colleagues. However, this doesn't suit me. My struggles include understanding complex concepts such as structural analysis and thermodynamics, and I often get stuck in problems that seem insurmountable.

Take, for example, my recent attempt to understand fluid dynamics. I went into this with determination, but I am constantly plagued by doubt and uncertainty. It's like I'm walking through a maze without a map, and it's affecting my confidence in doing engineering.

So, I'm left wondering if there is a more efficient way to find the right engineering professor who can provide the clarity and guidance I need. How have others overcome this obstacle?

Re: I'm looking for a tutor in engineering.

by Met Certos » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:36 pm

Engineering is a complex field, and sometimes teaching yourself or asking peers for help just doesn't cut it. I faced similar problems when I was in your shoes.
What I found particularly helpful was exploring academic forums and university message boards. Sometimes professors or experienced students offer tutoring services or know where to find them. Also, consider whether your university has a training center specifically for engineering students; many institutions offer this support, check out https://studymind.co.uk/engineering-work-experience/ .
Feel free to contact professors during office hours as well. They can provide valuable advice or recommend someone who can help you in a more personalized way. The key is persistence, Alice. Keep searching and you will find the right teacher to help you solve these engineering problems.

Re: I'm looking for a tutor in engineering.

by molins » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:25 am

I also received assignments and practice problems to reinforce my knowledge, which we reviewed in subsequent classes. The results were impressive; my grades have improved and I feel much more confident in solving engineering problems.
So, my experience with an engineering tutor has been extremely positive and I wholeheartedly recommend exploring this route for anyone facing similar challenges. It changed my engineering path a lot. Thanks for your valuable input!

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Study Buddy