Use this forum for general discussion
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Problem with the Final Step of My Degree!

by LeslieDalton » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:11 pm

I've been working hard on my degree, and now I've reached the final stretch - the capstone project. Honestly, I'm feeling overwhelmed. With everything I've learned, how do I decide on the right topic and approach? And once I've settled on a topic, how can I ensure that I'm following the best practices in research and presentation? Can anyone provide guidance or resources?

Re: Problem with the Final Step of My Degree!

by KateFair » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:12 pm

I totally get where you're coming from. When I was working on mine, I felt the same way. It's crucial to choose a topic you're passionate about. As for resources, I found it helpful to check out samples of successful capstone projects and to seek expert advice. That way, you get a sense of direction and can avoid common pitfalls. Don't hesitate to reach out to professionals or experienced peers!

by LeslieDalton » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:12 pm

Thank you for the advice! I'm passionate about environmental sustainability. But there's so much information out there, and I'm not sure how to narrow it down or structure my research. How did you go about organizing your thoughts and materials for the project?

by KateFair » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:13 pm

For environmental sustainability, there's indeed a plethora of topics! I started by pinpointing a specific area I felt strongly about. After that, I made an outline. It's also worth noting that I did seek professional guidance. They help with capstone project me immensely, from refining the topic to ensuring that my research was thorough and well-presented. It might be a good idea for you to do the same!

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion