Use this forum for general discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
What Are Dynamic NFTs? Understanding the Evolving NFT

by PiterWon » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:44 pm

Some NFTs are static, meaning that once a token is minted to a blockchain, the data associated with that token cannot be changed. For example, if you mint a rare, one-of-a-kind artwork as an NFT, that digital image and the data associated with it will remain the same, no matter how much time passes or how many times it changes hands.
On the other hand, a dynamic NFT is a type of NFT that changes based on external conditions. Also known as a “living NFT,” the token has characteristics that can be triggered to change due to an event or achievement. For example, if you are a gamer, your NFT avatar can be programmed to change its appearance depending on your advancement in the game.
For clarity, GIFs and videos can also be considered static NFTs, as long as the specific JPEG image or MP4 video linked to the NFT doesn't change once it's minted. Dynamic NFTs only refer an NFT if it is able to be altered after mint. The alteration occurs in the NFT’s metadata and can also reflect in the appearance of the token.
An NFT’s metadata provides information about the content of the NFT, like its name, description, traits and transaction history. Typically, an NFT's metadata is stored off-chain and is specified as a JSON file.
Once an NFT is minted, its token ID and contract address cannot be changed. And although the metadata of an NFT can be modified after it has been minted, doing so can be a difficult and time-consuming procedure that requires knowledge of code. As a result, many existing NFTs are static and possess permanently immutable traits.
Although this static NFT model has found wide usage in NFT art projects, play-to-earn games and digital collectibles, its utility can be limiting for projects that need to regularly update aspects of their metadata, such as real-world assets, blockchain-based fantasy sports leagues and progression-based video games. This is where the concept of dynamic NFTs comes in.
How does a dynamic NFT work?
Dynamic NFTs function by storing data in a format that can be edited. While static NFTs are usually created using the ERC-721 token standard, dynamic NFTs use the ERC-1155 standard. That type of token standard is sometimes referred to as “semi-fungible” because it can be changed if required.
Changes to a dynamic NFT can be triggered by a smart contract. Typically, an oracle will send external data to the smart contract, which triggers a change in the NFT's metadata. The characteristics of that NFT, like its appearance, will then be updated.

seoo

by JaxonEli » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:40 am

Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts.You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them.This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here!I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. Hundeschule in Berlin

Re: What Are Dynamic NFTs? Understanding the Evolving NFT

by wtetenby » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:45 am

Dear immortals, I need some wow gold inspiration to create.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion