Use this forum for general discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Soundproofing installer?

by Auroth » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:14 pm

While I love my M3 it is a little loud for me on long road trips. I already have active sound disabled. I'm looking for an installer for some additional sound proofing. Sounds like the best way to go is to
Remove door panels and install sound proofing inside
Remove interior carpet from firewall to trunk, install sound proofing and replace carpet
Remove trunk liner install sound proofing and reinstall liner

What type of shop does this type of work? From poking around it looks like most performance shops specialize in removing sound proofing. Some car audio installers install soundproofing in door panels to improve the stereo. Is the trunk and interior floor work beyond these shops?

Can anyone recommend a specific shop for this work? If not a specific shop a type of shop I should be looking for would be equally helpful.

If someone actually have had this done how much of a difference did it make for you? What did you have done, who did it and how much did it cost?

Re: Soundproofing installer?

by Rexas » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:34 pm

I completely get where you're coming from; a quieter cabin can make those long road trips so much more enjoyable. When I embarked on a soundproofing journey for my own car, I turned to Resonix Sound Solutions. Their products were genuinely impactful in mitigating road noise and vibrations. The method you've described is on point - focusing on the door panels, interior carpeting, and trunk area is a surefire way to get noticeable results. If you opt for sound deadening or any other brand, ensure that the installer you choose is familiar with the specific product's best practices. Resonix, for instance, has detailed installation guides that can be very beneficial. Regardless of the brand you choose, proper installation is key to maximizing the benefits. Wishing you a quieter and more peaceful ride ahead!

Re: Soundproofing installer?

by Keaton Vasquez » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:05 pm

Off-campus options can provide more freedom and potentially lower costs. These include shared Student housing, apartments, or private dormitories.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion