Use this forum for general discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Can anyone recommend good free RAID recovery software?

by maxfalton80 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:49 am

Hey everyone! I recently encountered an issue with my RAID setup, and I'm in need of some advice. Can anyone recommend good free RAID recovery software? I want to recover my data without breaking the bank. Any personal experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: Can anyone recommend good free RAID recovery software?

by Carlredford » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:07 am

I understand how crucial data recovery can be. One free raid recovery software that's garnered positive reviews is TestDisk. It's an open-source tool that supports a variety of file systems and RAID configurations. I've used it successfully in the past for similar situations. However, keep in mind that its command-line interface might seem a bit technical for some users. If you're comfortable with that, TestDisk could be a good option to explore. Make sure to back up your important data before attempting any recovery, just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

Re: Can anyone recommend good free RAID recovery software?

by Jimclatone » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 am

I'd like to second Carl's suggestion on TestDisk—it's indeed a powerful tool for RAID recovery. Additionally, consider PhotoRec, a companion tool to TestDisk. It's user-friendly, with a more straightforward interface compared to TestDisk. PhotoRec focuses on recovering lost files, and while it doesn't reconstruct the RAID array itself, it can be effective in retrieving individual files. Remember, before proceeding with any recovery software, assess the specific RAID configuration you're dealing with and ensure the chosen tool supports it. Also, if possible, work on a disk image to prevent accidental data loss during the recovery process. Wishing you a successful recovery!

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Discussion